Browse by Tag
- "Real" Innovation (2)
- Alignment (6)
- Business Innovation (9)
- Business Plan (2)
- Business Plans (1)
- Creativity (24)
- Critical Success Factors (4)
- Entrepreneurship (9)
- Global Competiveness (4)
- Human Side (11)
- India (1)
- Innovation (4)
- Innovation Consulting (18)
- Innovation Killers (3)
- Innovation Management (18)
- Innovation Tools (17)
- Innovation Training (24)
- Innovations (7)
- Inventions (16)
- IT Innovation (1)
- Leaders (5)
- Leadership (20)
- Leadership Development (13)
- Organizational Leadership (2)
- Organizational Strategy (20)
- Personal Values (6)
- Prediction (5)
- Strategic Innovation (38)
- strategic planning process (4)
- Strategy (3)
- Training (1)
- Vision (5)
- Weekly Dose (8)
Posts by Month
INNOVATION IN 37 TWEETS
Innovation is an often written about topic. Many books and articles have been created including one of our favorites Innovation Engine written by DeSai Group co-founder Jatin Desai. We are all pulled in many directions each day. We can find it hard to spend the time reading worthwhile articles and books. Therefore, in the age of Twitter we bring you Innovation in 37 Tweets. Innovation thoughts expressed in 140 characters or less.
QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK YOURSELF
- Are you relying on performance engine (short-tem growth) or using innovation engine for long-term growth?
- Do you have a solid business sponsor for the game of innovation in your organization?
- How different is your business model and its value proposition in comparison to others in the marketplace?
- How much more top-line growth can you achieve out of your current business?
- Do your managers have the insight to define new problems before others do?
- Are you skipping the step of assessing organizational readiness for innovation?
- Innovation Readiness: business case, sustained sponsorship, culture/systems, financial resources and program management?
- Is your business strategy Pioneer, Fast Follower, Imitative, Dependent, Low-cost or Specialization?
- Does your Innovation Strategy communicate why, who, what, how and when?
- Do you have too many ideas, just enough ideas or too few ideas to innovate?
STATEMENTS YOU SHOULD CONSIDER
- Innovation is bringing heart into work.
- Nucleus of innovation is tapping into people's hearts.
- Innovators have a thirst for knowledge.
- Waiters wait, managers manage, innovators create value.
- A rhythm for growth - harvesting a cultural balance between performance (left brain) and exploration (right brain).
- Your Innovation Goal should be measurable, customer focused and capable of delivering value.
- Organizations must complement the operational performance mind-set with the innovation execution mind-set.
- To achieve sustainable growth companies must better integrate product innovation with process and service innovation.
- Evolve your mechanistic, bureaucratic and hierarchical practices model towards an innovation-driven executionmodel .
- New value creation - innovate to generate differentiated new value and profit.
- Once you are ready to play the game of innovation, you will need an Innovation Scorecard.
- Create a business case for innovation and supporting innovation strategy linked to business vision and goals.
- Build a pipeline of corporate innovators -- the key talent for future growth (intrapreneurs).
- The average life span of companies on the S&P 500 has shrunk from 75 years in 1930s to just 15 years in 2000s.
- Innovation can build continuous new S-Curves for your organization.
- Without engaged employees, sustainable innovation is not possible.
- Without continuous failure there is no continuous innovation or evolution.
- Most managers are very likely to mobilize an idea if they have 80% clarity about it.
- Innovation Intent is easier to identify if the senior team has already declared its strategic intent.
- Rampant commoditization and disorder suggests that old methods of diagnosing growth challenges have been wrong.
- Globalization and Automation are causing a shortened life span for products and services.
- Innovation, if done right, should be an input to strategic planning, not an outcome.
- Optimize your innovation engine on the innovation highway - alignment, insights and mobilization are key.
- To begin your innovation journey, leaders in your company must take time to develop the innovation strategy.
- Sustainable competitive advantage necessitates sustained new innovations.
- Build your Innovation Engine to accelerate exploitation of new business ideas worthy of pursuing.
- Build your Innovation Engine to improve employee attraction, engagement and retention.
Regularly re-consider your beliefs about succeeding at the game of innovation by challenging yourself.
Over to you. Please comment below.
- What other tweet length questions should we ask about Innovation?
- What other tweet length statements should we challenge ourselves with on a regular basis?
- What is your best advice on Innovation in 140 characters or less?
You can download FREE articles at www.desai.com/resources.