Browse by Tag
- "Real" Innovation (2)
- Alignment (6)
- Business Innovation (9)
- Business Plan (2)
- Business Plans (1)
- Creativity (24)
- Critical Success Factors (4)
- Entrepreneurship (9)
- Global Competiveness (4)
- Human Side (11)
- India (1)
- Innovation (4)
- Innovation Consulting (18)
- Innovation Killers (3)
- Innovation Management (18)
- Innovation Tools (17)
- Innovation Training (24)
- Innovations (7)
- Inventions (16)
- IT Innovation (1)
- Leaders (5)
- Leadership (20)
- Leadership Development (13)
- Organizational Leadership (2)
- Organizational Strategy (20)
- Personal Values (6)
- Prediction (5)
- Strategic Innovation (38)
- strategic planning process (4)
- Strategy (3)
- Training (1)
- Vision (5)
- Weekly Dose (8)
Posts by Month
Every organization needs a basket of tools and methods to help find innovative ideas and solutions. Give access to the right tools to the right people based on the nature of their jobs and the types of challenges that needs to be solved. Surround them with proper innovation management processes, and the tools will help generate a culture of innovation and new profits. We are happy to share three of our favorite books on innovation tools.
Innovation is an ever-evolving discipline. Many practitioners and academics have invented and popularized many tools to help you accelerate your innovation efforts.
Over to you. Please comment below.
- What other books would you add to the recommended reading list?
- What is your favorite innovation tool?
- In what area of innovation would you like to see new tools created?
Our research and experience has led us to identify six components of building momentum and change to help you accelerate your innovation journey and lift off.
- Develop your innovation story. Develop a compelling case for innovation, what innovation is, and why the company is pursuing the innovation journey now. Include how it will benefit everyone.
- Evoke change leadership. No one likes change. During the uncertainties of a change process, people don't hang onto concepts, they hang onto people. Create a sense of urgency and build awareness and excitement about innovation for your key sponsors and change agents.
- Identify innovation leaders and best talent. Identify the natural intrapreneurs, innovation champions, and innovation igniters along with your key innovation leaders, advisors, and mentors. This talent pool will help you build the required innovation capability.
- Communicate, communicate, and communicate. Go for fast and small wins and tell everyone about it. Collect momentum data showing progress, and implement and integrate a solid public relations strategy using any and all resources at your disposal.
- Build awareness--educate everyone. In many ways an innovation change initiative begins and ends with education. It is the primary method of advancing and improving organizational knowledge and acceleration for desired changes in the hearts and minds of everyone involved.
- Protect the momentum. Vigilantly protect innovation principles. Many will want to go back to status quo and forget the agreements, processes, and principles in the playbook. Every small win is a huge step toward the future and part of the foundation-building process. Protect the foundation.
Innovation momentum is created, not decreed by senior management. Use your momentum to establish your innovation objectives and goal.
Over to you. Please comment below.
- What steps would you add to the list?
- How do you motivate your innovators?
- Please share an anecdote about innovation momentum.